Friday 7 January 2011

Motel is on the Money!

For my first post, I would like to talk a bit about Motel and why I am such a big supporter. One of the missions as stated on their website, is to design dresses that make the wearer feel "invincible" through an "eclectic mix punk, left-field, retro and fun-filled 'killer-style' clothing."

In fact, I do feel almost invincible when wearing Motel, and have been wearing dresses by this brand for many years now. and they never fail to impress me on two levels:
1. Their unique, stylish and fascinating designs
2. The unbelievably flattering nature of their dresses

I am a bit more of a curvy girl and have an hour-glass figure. Many of my friends insist that they would rather sport an hour-glass figure rather than their "apple" figure. Hour-glasses can look great with the right outfit but the right style is often hard to find. I tend to look for outfits which draw attention my assets above, whilst clinching in at the waist. I find that Motel has an excellent range of dresses which do just this; here is a recent picture of me in my new Motel Lesley Dress - Bengal Print:

I was very happy when I received this dress and felt confident wearing it!

I got many compliments on the night that I wore this and I think it looks great on skinnier girls (like the one to my left) as well as on curvier girls like me. I decided to wear black nail varnish to complement the black within the leopard print dress, along with a black ring, a white bangle and white rose earrings.

You may notice that I am wearing black tights - I feel more confident this way since it slims down my legs and puts more emphasis on my upper half.

The dress I am wearing has a retail price of £29.00 but you can get it for 20% off by using the promotional code, "thurlow", bringing the price down to an amazing £23.20. You can also use this discount code on all Motel items (that are not already in the sale!)

Anyway, I look forward to reading other fashion blogs and hope that you will welcome me into the world of blogspot :) X

12 comments:

  1. Welcome to blogspot! Really cool dress girl ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look stunning! Great blog too

    Check out my blog at
    www.fashionisknowledge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning! Love the leopard!

    xoxo
    Stella
    http://www.jadore-fashion.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!! this is an awesome blog!!! please check mine out & let me know what you think! www.cuteybeautyfashionpassion.blogspot.com
    thanks so much! ps. i love the title.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi guys thanks so much for the messages really nice to hear what you think!
    will be regularly checking out your blogs, would be great if you could follow.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, welcome to the world of blogging, careful, it is addictive!

    You have a great figure, and you looked lovely in the dress. The combo with the tights was an excellent idea for the wrong reasons, :) you have lovely legs and you should put emphasis on them. Truth be told, it caught my eye immediately, and I am sure it will catch the eye of most men. Not sure if you in fact did, but if you had worn heels with it, you would have had men's eyes out on stalks to get a better/closer look....hehehe...

    You started this blog very well, keep it up, and my wish for you is success, prosperity and loads of fun.
    Have a lovely day and a wonderful 2011.

    Colin.
    Ps, if you ever need help, please feel free to give me a shout!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So lovely :)


    http://fashionablydrugged.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. cute dress! you look adorable!! i love motel too! they have adorable pieces!
    x
    thatgirlfromhk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have given you with the Stylish Blog Award. You can see if you go to my blog.

    If you aren't already a follower, please follow me :)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. love that dress and i was eyeing on that brand because they had great style :)

    i have posted today's inspiration: art
    check it out please? at
    http://pinklemonincrystal.blogspot.com
    (if you are new at my blog please follow and leave me comment,
    and I'll do the same! thanks)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a nice and cute girl i like its dressing so good and nice design. Thanks for sharing this nice collection
    shoes uk

    ReplyDelete